Dental implants replace missing teeth for beautiful, functional smiles in Blue Springs, MO
Tooth loss can have a major impact on not just the appearance of your smile, but also your ability to properly chew your food, say words properly, and maintain your overall oral health. At Foster Dental Care in Blue Springs, MO, we take pride in offering a wide variety of tooth replacement options to meet our patients’ unique needs, treatment preferences, and budgets. One of the most popular options for replacing lost teeth is dental implants. Read on to learn why both our patients and our dentists love this option to restore the health and function of your smile.
How dental implants work
A normal tooth has two main components: the crown, which is the part you see above the gumline, and the root, which holds the tooth firmly in place in your jawbone. Most traditional tooth replacement options only replace the crown portion of the tooth, but dental implants replace both the root and the crown. The implant is surgically placed in the jawbone, where it fuses together with the bone to form a strong and durable foundation for your new tooth.
Benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are frequently called the “gold standard” in tooth replacement. Why? Simply put, they offer more benefits than any other option in terms of function, durability, and oral health.
Dental implants are:
- Stable and durable: Because the dental implant fuses with your jawbone to form one stable unit, dental implants offer the best function and, with good oral hygiene, can last a lifetime. There are no food restrictions or limits on what you can do with dental implants like there are with other types of tooth restoration options.
- Versatile: Whether you are missing one, a few, or all of your teeth, there is a dental implant option for you! Dental implants can be finished with natural-looking porcelain crowns to replace just one or a couple of teeth, a dental bridge to replace several missing teeth in a row, and even a set of dentures to replace a full arch of teeth.
- Easy to care for: After your dental implant has healed and we have completed it with a beautiful tooth restoration, you don’t need to take any special care of it beyond your normal daily oral hygiene routine.
- Great for oral health: Typically, patients who have suffered from tooth loss will experience deterioration of the underlying bone structure over time because the forces from chewing are not transferred to the bone via teeth, which keep the bone strong and healthy. Dental implants solve this problem because they provide the necessary stimulation to prevent bone degradation over time.
- Natural–looking: We use modern dental materials that mimic the luster and translucence of tooth enamel for a natural-looking result that blends in perfectly with the rest of your smile. Additionally, replacing missing teeth with dental implants not only helps restore the appearance of your smile, but it can also help prevent the “sunken in” or hollowed-out appearance in your cheeks that can accompany tooth loss and make you look older than you are.
Don’t let tooth loss affect your smile and oral health. At Foster Dental Care, we provide non-judgmental, compassionate dental care that is designed specifically for your unique needs and preferences. To learn more about dental implants and whether they are right for you, call us today in Blue Springs, MO at (816) 227-6588!